Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Rock(ed) My World

So my whole world was rocked the other day. Not like that – I mean rocked as in turned upside down crazy-like (again, not like that), whole life is a lie kind of stuff. I was in the midst of casual conversation with two friends, passing the time of day as we worked. Little did I know what sort of bombshell they were about to drop on me. I’ll give you a second to brace yourself – a courtesy sadly denied to me. Ready? They said I have neither blond hair nor blue eyes. Whoa. I mean certain things in life we hold to be self-evident and are not to be trifled with. The world is round. Colorado kicks ass. Monkeys are funny. I have blond hair and blue eyes. It even says so on my driver’s license – both the old Michigan one and the new Colorado one! But no, my friends decide to kick in the very foundation of my beliefs, my very being if you will. I’m not talking about some crap like being of blond haired blue-eyed German descent (Aryan sounds to neo-nazi, although I guess it would technically have been the correct word to use here), that’s not important. I’m talking about simplicity. For example, now when I’m filling out a form and it asks for hair or eye color, what do I do?! Do I have to put some drivel about sandy blondish brown kinda? Not really blue but almost blue grey, depending on whether I’m wearing my blue-tinted contacts or not? Life used to be so simple – check the blond box and check the blue box. Now it looks like I have to check the “other” box, and you know what kind of people do that? Communists.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Oddly enough no - this was the end of March far enough away from the 1st that an April Fools joke would have been just stupid. Good guess though, that at least would have explained things.

Hedda said...

damn, I thought your hair was "beer" colored and your eyes were "alien". Thanks for straightening us out.

Eva said...

This is the first time I come into this blog (I have a blog either, but is in spanish, so I'm sorry if my english is not ok, I'm trying to improve it). Well, I just wanna say I agree with u and I am dissapointed coz I thought your eyes were purple and your hair was blue...never mind, good blog and good luck...xD bb!